Check out the MevoFit social channels
Burn Fat With Lunges!
Weight loss is no gamble and let’s confess, there are
no shortcuts! Healthily losing weight includes tailor-made diet plans and strict exercising regimes. Even though you might hate some specific types of exercises but you need to understand that if you don’t include them in your workout regime then you are one who is at a loss as you are subconsciously delaying your weight loss goals. If you are serious about losing weight fast then you should consider adding lungesto your workout routine as it is an excellent exercise that involves a lot of muscles which ultimately means you will burn a lot of fat. Like squats, lunges work most of the muscles in your legs including your quads, hamstrings, glutes, and calves. Many people hate this exercise as they consider it to be tough, but the very reason it is so good for weight loss is that it requires a lot a muscle and engages your whole body too. According to Health Status, adding 30 minutes of cardio along with a 15-minute session of lunges can burn up to 400 calories for a 150-pound person.
Benefits of Lunges
Some of the major advantages of including lunges in your weight loss goals are highlighted as under:-
1. Build leg and core strength
Besides being an excellent warm-up exercise, lunges play a major role in strengthening your lower body. The basic lunges help you to strengthen your leg muscles, especially the quadriceps of your front thigh, your posterior thighs’ hamstrings, and the gastrocnemius and soleus of the calf. Not only this, but the exercise also targets your core muscles – your abdomen, back, chest, pelvis, and buttocks– work together so you can adjust and maintain your lunge position without losing your balance!
2. Improves Flexibility
If you have been noticing tightness in the muscles that bend or flex your legs at the hips, doing some simple lunges to stretch these muscles would help ease the discomfort. Lunges play an active role in improving the flexibility of your hip joints and prevent lower back pain caused by tight hip flexors. Not on this, the exercise also helps you improve the dynamic flexibility of your ankle and knee.
3. Tone Muscles
Doing lunges regularly would help you in strengthening and toning your quadriceps and your glutes. Along with hip extensions, squats, and step-ups, lunges are also a good option for your workout especially if you want to tone your buttocks.
Types of Lunges
Some of the most common types of lunge variations you can include in your daily workout sessions are:
1. Bodyweight Lunges
Before moving forward with variations, it is crucial to master the basic lunge. The simplest and perfect way to perform bodyweight lunge is –
1. Place your hands on your hips, and stand tall with your shoulders pushed back.
2. Step forward with your left leg and slowly lower your body until your front knee is bent at least 90 degrees Pause, then push yourself to the starting position.
2. Bicep Curl Lunges
For this lunge variation, you would be requiring dumbbells. The right steps to do this one are –
1. Grab a pair of dumbbells and hold them at arm’s length next to your sides, your palms facing each other. Stand tall with your feet hip-width apart.
2. Step forward with your right leg and lower your body. As you lunge, curl both dumbbells up to your shoulders.
3. Lower the dumbbells and then return to the starting position. Repeat the same with the left leg!
3. Goblet Reverse Lunges
To do this one –
1. Hold a dumbbell vertically against your chest, with both hands cupping it.
2. Step backward with your right leg and lower your body into a lunge.
3. Pause, then return to the starting position. Repeat on the other side.
4. Dumbell Lateral Lunges
1. Hold a pair of dumbbells at arm’s length next to your sides.
2. Lift your left foot and take a big step to your left as you push your hips backward and lower your body by dropping your hips and bending your left knee.
3. Pause, then quickly push yourself back to the starting position. Repeat on the other side.
Tips when doing Lunges
Here are some tips that will help you to do this exercise in the best way and also maximize the benefits you get from including it in your workout sessions:-
1. Keep your back straight and avoid leaning forward. This would allow you to gain maximum benefit and to avoid injuries.
2. Remember to align your shoulders with your hips throughout the exercise.
3. Refrain from extending the knee of your forward leg past your ankle.
4. Keep your head up, facing forward.
Burn Fat With step Aerobics!
Did you ever try step aerobics to achieve fitness? Step aerobics refers to high-intensity training which requires more than six times the effort of sitting. It is a highly effective workout that helps to burn fat in a fun way and hence makes your cardiovascular system strong. The best thing about it is that it does not need too much equipment – get a step and a pair of gym shoes and you are all set. The entire workout revolves around ‘stepping’which, being a low-impact movement can be done anywhere. Though strength and other exercises also hold their importance aerobic activities burn more calories than any other form of physical activity. Aerobic steps and benches are excellent tools when you need that weight-loss punch!
According to Harvard Medical School, step aerobics is an effective way to burn a huge amount of calories. The rate at which you’ll burn the calories is dependent upon 3 things – your current weight, the intensity of exercises, and its duration.A 155-pound person will burn 260 calories during 30 minutes of low-impact step aerobics while a 185-pound person will burn 372 calories during 30 minutes of high-impact step aerobics.
Types of step aerobics
Some of the most common exercises you can do with the aerobic steps are highlighted as under:
A. Just Step
Turn your basic workout into a high-intensity one. Step on and off the bench one foot and then the other, over and over again. Do this as a warm-up or a cardio interval throughout your workout. It will get your heart pumping and help you burn off extra calories.
B. Kick Steps
Start with both feet on the ground, standing behind your bench. Step onto the bench with one foot and bring your other foot off the floor and kick it forward. Come back to the starting position and alternate legs. Every time one leg steps, the other one kicks.
C. Incline Pushup
An incline pushup is the same move as the basic one but instead of starting with your hands on the floor, your hands are on your step. Still concentrate on keeping your body in a straight line as you push yourself down and back up.
D. Alternating Knee-Ups
This one is great for your abs and strengthening your core. For this one, simply lift the opposite knee as you take a step. The higher the lift, the greater the challenge, and the better the results. These can be done one at a time or in alternating sets.
E. V-Step Raise
This is the basic step done with the feet landing far apart on the platform. Step up with the right foot, placing it on the far right side of the platform, then bring up the left and place it on the other side of the step. Step down with the feet together. It targets different muscle groups in your legs and hips than the basic.
F. Side Step Kick Out
Start on one side of the bench with dumbbells in each hand. Step onto the bench with your lead foot and kick your other foot out to the side. Do it for 40 seconds on each side!
Benefits of step aerobics
You will be able to reap in multiple benefits if you start exercising with an aerobic step. Some of the major impacts it would make are highlighted:
1. Being a high-intensity workout, it burns more calories in comparison to other workouts.
2. It is the best exercise for so-called “spot reduction” which directly targets the lower body and belly.
3. It’s a sure shot way to tone your heart and limbs.
4. Leg and buttock muscles receive a great workout from this exercise technique and will become sculpted and toned over time.
5. It also helps to build physical endurance, balance, and flexibility.
6. It is ahassle-free workoutroutine that can be easily customized.
Points to remember
Follow these considerations before you start with steps aerobic:
1. Warm-up your arms and legs before using the step!
2. Practice aerobic steps with cool down movements to get your heart rate back down.
3. Stop, if your joints start to hurt during the activity.
4. If you have a history of knee problems, avoid it.
So what are you waiting for? The bottom line is that you should incorporate the aerobic step in your workout to multiply your efforts and gain maximum output!
Stay upto date with our latest news and products.
Your email is safe with us, we don't spam
Check out the MevoFit social channels