Check out the MevoFit social channels
We have all been there before at some time in our lives. We have had a super fun and indulgent weekend full of alcohol, late nights and junk food. It is now Monday morning and your body is screaming for a clean start to the week.
You know that you feel less-than-great (lethargic, run-down and not-so-sparky) and you want to rest your liver, flush out the toxins and start the week off by looking after your body (rather than abusing it).
Starting the detoxification process is definitely a good move. This is where you can actually normalize the body’s natural ability to process and excrete toxins that are stored in our fat, while you temporarily reduce the amount of incoming toxins.There are a lot of detox protocols, facts and myths out there.
If you jump into detox without prior experience (meaning that you probably have a high toxic load and will release a high level of toxins) or proper supervision, it can backfire.You might start to experience severe detox symptoms including headache, lethargy, and skin issues. If this happens, you are not likely to stick to the detox and will end up back where you started at the end of the weekend.
You also need to be wary that the body cannot process the large amount of toxins that are suddenly released into the bloodstream, and if you flush the toxins suddenly, they will get re-absorbed into the fat tissue stored in your body. This then undoes any good work that you are doing.
you want to start by doing these five things:
1. Use herbs that support your detox organs of the liver, kidney, and colon. Great detox herbs that come in the form of herbal teas or tinctures include milk thistle and dandelion. You could also try taking these as an herbal supplement, which you can buy from your health food store.
2. Encourage toxin elimination through your skin, which is the largest organ for elimination. Ways to encourage this include sweating and dry brushing. Get sweaty by doing physical exercise- a cardio workout would do the trick, or try using a steam room or sauna to sweat the bad stuff out.
Make sure you drink heaps of clean, filtered water to aid the body in flushing the toxins out and to keep your body properly hydrated after sweating. Dry body brushing is also a great way to start removing toxins from the skin as well as waking up the lymphatic system which is probably sluggish after the abuse of the weekend.
Use a dry body brush in a light, circular motion over your skin, starting at your feet and moving up the body. Do this before you shower to really remove the dead skin cells and open the pores to allow for easier toxin removal.
3. Buy and eat as many fruits and vegetables as possible and ensure they are organic a much as possible. You can eat fresh produce in the form of smoothies or juices to really get the most nutrition from the foods.
4. Reduce processed and packaged foods, which are loaded with sugars and chemicals. You have already eaten enough of these over the weekend and now it is time to give your body a rest from trying to process anymore.
Replace unhealthy snacks with fresh fruit instead.You will also want to avoid drinking coffee and of course, cut out any more booze. Minimize your animal protein intake and avoid dairy products to really allow your digestive system time to relax during the detox.
5. There are heaps of toxins within the household and personal products many people use. Try and avoid coming into contact with products loaded with chemicals, or better still, replace what you have with those made from natural ingredients.By easing into the detox, you are providing your body with a gentle detoxification.
If you are looking to start a more intensive detox, it’s best to go through a supervised detox program so that fewer problems will arise when toxins are released as fat cells are burned off.
Stay upto date with our latest news and products.
Your email is safe with us, we don't spam
Check out the MevoFit social channels