Check out the MevoFit social channels
Today we are going to have a look at the benefits of yoga asana – Surya Namaskar for weight loss. People around the world have been looking for the best exercise routine that can help them stay in shape. The simplest answer to this problem is something that has been around for thousands of years and has withAstood the test of time.
It has been recognized as one of the most wonderful and simple techniques for losing weight. It is ancient, powerful and something that has been practiced for over many centuries. Not only it helps in boosting the weight loss process, it also strengthens the body, improves blood circulation, the breathing and keeps the body limber and in shape.
So without any further delay, let’s explore the ways in which, this ancient yoga technique can help you to shed off those extra pounds.
“Surya Namaskar” is Sanskrit word which, means obeisance (Namaskar) to the Sun (Surya). It is a set of 12 powerful yoga asanas (postures) that provide a good cardiovascular workout. These asanas have a phenomenal impact on the waist, throat, chest, heart, stomach, intestine, and legs.
In simpler words, Sun Salutation or Surya Namaskar is a complete body workout in itself. This yoga technique is also the base of power yoga which aims at achieving more health benefits in less time.
Though the exercise can be performed any time during the day, but it is best done while the stomach is empty, before eating. It is a yogic exercise, which consists of 12 particular postures, one following another, in a fixed, cyclic order to ensure improvement and good health in one’s digestion, agility, rejuvenation, beauty and longevity. It will also help one lose weight and trim the waist.
To lose some weight with the help of Surya Namaskar, incorporate the following steps into your daily schedule and see quick results –
1. The first step is to learn how to do Surya Namaskar the right way. All the 12 asanas of surya namaskar, need to be performed with precision to see visible weight loss results!
2. You need to perform it every day at the same time to lose weight faster. If you would like to stay motivated throughout the exercise routine, try some soothing and gentle music.
3. You should perform the steps at a slow and steady pace. It would take around 12-15 days to perfect all the 12 poses. This will also allow you to build strength and get slim faster.
4. Once you have built enough strength, increase the number of rounds you do! For effective weight loss, you could practice surya namaskar for about 6 days a week and do a total of 12 rounds.
5. End your yoga session with 5 mins of stretching and relaxation poses like Shavasana (Corpse Pose).
Studies have shown that if a person does 1 minute of Surya Namaskar he is likely to burn 3.79 calories. Also, the time taken to complete a round of Surya Namaskar exercise is around 3 mins 40 seconds. Therefore, it indicates that the calories burnt in 1 Surya Namaskar full round can be up to 13.91 calories.
The further extension to the calculation of calories is that 1 pound of fat equals 3,500 calories. So, if you want to reduce a pound every week, on an average you are required to burn 300-400 calories. So using these values, the efforts required by an individual will bear the following results –
1. 18 mins > 250 calories
2. 25 mins > 350 calories
3. 40 mins > 500 calories and so on!
a) Try to practice Surya Namaskar in the morning.
b) Before you start, do warm up stretches, which will help you ease into the yoga routine and also prevent injury.
c) You should be performing every move in a slow manner for better results.
d) If you want quick results, do 6-7 sets on a daily basis.
To sum up the discussion, Surya Namaskar is the mantra to lose weight and stay peaceful, healthy & fit. Yoga has been there since time immemorial, and nothing can be wiser than opting surya namaskar to reduce weight! So go get out of that bed and gift yourself a new body NOW!
To Know More : Sign Up on Android or Iphone.
Stay upto date with our latest news and products.
Your email is safe with us, we don't spam
Check out the MevoFit social channels