If you are one of those people who does not like to work out in public, or if you do not have the time to do so, do not worry! You can just as easily build your muscle at home! It will require time and patience, but it will happen. All you need to do is focus on your workout plans, and proper nutrition.
a flat bench
a set of adjustable dumbbells
1. Barbell Squats – 2 sets, 12 repetitionsHow to do it: Spread your legs to the width of your hips, chest open, head straight. The barbell should be supported by the traps. Flex your knees and descend. Try not to move your hips back, and keep the torso as upright as possible. Go back up and repeat.
2. Dumbbell Lunges – 2 sets, 12 repetitionsHow to do it: Stand up straight, holding weights in each hand. Step forward with your right leg and lower your body, while keeping the torso upright. Don’t kneel. Step back, and repeat the same movement with your left leg.
3. Barbell Seated Calf Raise – 2 sets, 15 repetitionsHow to do it: Sit on a flat bench, and place a block flat in front of you. Have someone put a barbell on your thighs about 3 inches away from your knees. Lift your toes and squeeze your calves. Lower the toes, and repeat the recommended amount of times.
4. One-Arm Dumbbell Row – 3 sets, 12 repetitionsHow to do it: Place a dumbbell on each side of a flat bench. Put your right arm and knee on the bench. Use your left hand to lift the dumbbell, while keeping your lower back straight. Repeat the same movement with your right hand.
5. Pushups – 3 sets, as many times as you canHow to do it: Lie on the ground and place your hands about 35 inches (90 cm) away from one another. Lift your torso a few inches off the ground, while keeping it straight. Go back down. Repeat as many times as you can.
6. Arnold Dumbbell Press – 2 sets, 12 repetitionsHow to do it: Sit on a flat bench, holding a dumbbell in each hand in front of your chest. Lift your arms above your head, as you rotate your hands until they face forward. Lower them down and repeat.
7. Side Lateral Raise – 2 sets, 12 repetitionsHow to do it: Stand up straight, holding a dumbbell in each hand on the side of your torso. Lift your arms until they are parallel to the ground. Lower them down and repeat.
8. Lying Triceps Press – 2 sets, 12 repetitionsHow to do it: Lie on a flat bench. Hold the barbell behind you. Lift it until your arms are straight. Lower it down and repeat.
9. Barbell Curl – 2 sets, 12 repetitionsHow to do it: Stand up straight, holding the barbell lowered, with both hands in front of you. Lift it to your chest, bending the elbows. Lower it down and repeat.
No workout would be effective without a proper diet. Here is an example of a meal plan for a person who has a little bit more body fat than necessary. If you are slimmer, you can increase the portions slightly.
This meal plan is focused on protein which will help you build muscle.
5 egg whites,
1 1/2 cup of oatmeal,
1/2 cup of raspberries/blueberries
1 protein shake,
2 medium chicken fillets,
1 cup of brown rice,
1 cup of asparagus
1 protein shake,
1 big steak,
1 cup of vegetables,
a bit of olive oil
Patience and persistence always pay off. Follow these plans, and watch your body gettransformed!Looking for more workout and diet plans. Go ahead and download Mevo – Weight Loss & Fitness app to get custom plans for yourself.
The app is available both on Android & iPhone.
Stay upto date with our latest news and products.
Your email is safe with us, we don't spam