When you’re on a KETO DIET, it’s really hard finding options when eating out. You also have limited options for your at-home meal preps, that is, you just can’t prepare meals that include those hearty-grainy sandwiches or those yummy and filling wraps. But recently, when I decided to SWORE OFF GRAINS, I tried re-creating one of my all time favorite wrap –
SPINACH, HERB & FETA WRAP in keto style. So for this, I have replaced the usually used wrap with a wrap made of eggs and egg whites whipped together in sesame oil. This gives the wrap that specific texture that it needs to be perfect for filling!
It tastes un-really good too. Follow this simple KETO RECIPE to meal prep these wraps for quick and carefree breakfasts that are GLUTEN FREE and OH SO KETO-DELICIOUS!
5 large eggs
3 large egg whites
1 teaspoon sesame oil
½ teaspoon salt
2 cups spinach leaves
½ cup crumbled feta
4 leaves basil, roughly chopped
3 whole sundried tomatoes, chopped
Optional: 1 teaspoon olive oil
1. In a large mixing bowl combine your whole eggs, egg whites, salt, and sesame oil.
2. Whisk together until the mixture is slightly foamy. About :30 to 1 minutes of whisking should bring the desired consistency.
3. Use a non-stick pan or a pan prepared with cooking spray. I used a square 9 ½ non stick pan because I feel a square egg wraps easier. Allow the pan to reach medium heat. Pour half of the egg mixture into the skillet, cover and reduce the heat to medium-low.
4. Once the wrap is cooked through and there is no raw egg left in the center, remove from the pan and cool on a paper towel or plate. Prepare the second wrap in the same way, cooking medium-low and slow.
1. Place spinach in the skillet used for the eggs on low heat to gently wilt the leaves. If you prefer soft leaves, leave them in the pan for about a minute.
2. Portion out the feta, sun-dried tomatoes, basil, and oil (if using) and prepare to fill your wraps.
3. Begin with a layer of wilted spinach, followed with the feta, basil, and drizzle of oil.4. Roll from one end to the other. Wrap in parchment to make eating on-the-go easier!
Serves 2 Nutritional value per serve:
Looking for more healthy easy to cook Ketogenic recipes?
Download Mevo – Weight Loss & Fitness app now and get more than 500+ healthy recipes. Available both on Android & iOS.
Stay upto date with our latest news and products.
Your email is safe with us, we don't spam