Why Soda Drinks Are Dangerous To Your Health?
Do you drink soda drinks? How often do you drink it? An average American drinks around 56 gallons of soda in a year. The innocent can of a soda drink contains 10 tsp of sugar and 160 empty calories. Soft drinks are a multi-billion dollar product in United States and with the increasing demand of the soda drinks it becomes really important to evaluate how they can influence a person’s health. With a little research we found that apart from hidden sugar and unnecessary calories there are some more serious reasons why you should quit drinking Coca-Cola and soda drinks now:
1) It’s not surprising that soda drinks are rich in sugar which results in weight gain, but studies have shown that people who drank soda drinks had a 70% increase in their waist circumference as compared to those who didn’t drink it! Along with this, people who drank more than two sodas per day saw a 500% waist expansion! Another study which was conducted on mice highlighted that it was the presence of aspartame, which resulted in raising the blood glucose levels ultimately resulting in weight gain!
2) Aerated drinks contain high levels of phosphoric acid which disturbs the body’s ability to absorb calcium resulting in osteoporosis, cavities and bone softening. Not only this, phosphoric acid also leads to a poor digestion process and blocks the nutrient absorption.
3) All colas contain phosphates, or phosphoric acid, that gives aerated drinks their tangy flavor and improves their shelf life. Phosphoric acid is responsible for heart and kidney problems, muscle loss, osteoporosis, and also triggers aging. FASEB journal published a study in a 2010 issue which stated that the excessive phosphate levels found in sodas caused lab rats to die five weeks earlier than the rats whose diets had more normal phosphate levels.
4) Nonprofit Center for Science in the Public Interest petitioned the Food and Drug Administration to ban the use of artificial caramel color in making of Coke, Pepsi, and other colas brown. The main reason to do so is the presence of 2-methylimidazole and 4-methylimidazole, which has been responsible to cause cancer in animals. According to California’s Strict Proposition just 16 micrograms per person per day of 4-methylimidazole is enough to pose a cancer threat, and most popular brown colas, contain 200 micrograms per 20-ounce bottle.
5) The water used for the production of soda and aerated is simply a tap water, which is likely to contain chemicals like chlorine, fluoride and traces of heavy metals.
6) It is found that most of the aerated drinks are high in caffeine content, which has been the main cause for many types of cancers, breast lumps, high blood pressure. etc. Along with this, the high sugar sodium and caffeine present in these drinks dehydrates the body and over a long period of time can cause chronic dehydration.
7) The cans in which sodas are sold are lined with an epoxy resin called bisphenol A (BPA), which is known to interfere the normal functioning of hormones. This can result in everything from infertility to obesity and diabetes and some forms of reproductive cancers.
8) One of the main ingredient used in the production of aerated drinks is derived from corn. 88% of the corn grown in U.S. is developed genetically to resist toxic pesticides or engineered to create pesticides within the plant itself. There are no studies and results which can prove or disprove the impact of these crops oh humans. Scientists have found that, in animals, GMOs (genetically modified crops) is responsible for digestive tract damage, accelerated aging, and even infertility. Apart from this a study in France, found that rats that were fed GMO corn for their entire two-year lifespan developed mammary tumors and died earlier than rats that ate non-GMO corn.
9) Sodas and aerated drinks are also a major cause for dental problems. Regular intake of soda causes plaque to build up on the teeth, which can further lead to cavities and gum diseases.
10) Soda drinks have no nutritional content at all. Not only that there are many dangerous and harmful effects of drinking soda, but there is not a single positive benefit to outweigh them. Soda is an unnatural substance that only harms the body.
leave a comment
Stay upto date with our latest news and products.
Your email is safe with us, we don't spam