Check out the MevoFit social channels
Eating healthy is awesome but at times the food, in particular, gets a little too boring. With not many choices you tend to repeat your recipes. This can sometimes take you on the verge of a breakdown (and ruining your diet) because deep inside, you crave to eat food that comes in those takeout boxes and is amazingly delicious, loaded off course but yes unavoidably tasty. Whenever I am in such a dilemma, I always make myself something that is loaded with herbs and flavors, it satiates me to the next level. Chicken is my favorite dinner, this chicken breast seasoned with garlic, basil, and red pepper flakes peps and lifts my mood. The best part of this recipe is that it's loaded with proteins and very less calories, It’s just perfect for a hearty meal. Make a side of grilled veggies along with this and you will be sorted. Try this really simple Herbed Baked Chicken Breast recipe yourself tonight and you will fall in love with its simplicity and flavor too.
1 tablespoon dried parsley, divided
1 tablespoon dried basil, divided
4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
4 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Coat a 9×13 inch baking dish with cooking spray.
2. Sprinkle 1 tsp parsley and 1 tsp basil evenly over the bottom of the baking dish. Arrange chicken breast halves in the dish, and sprinkle evenly with garlic slices. In a small bowl, mix the remaining 2 teaspoons parsley, remaining 2 teaspoons basil, salt, and red pepper; sprinkle over the chicken.
3. Bake covered in the preheated oven for 25 minutes. Remove cover, and continue baking 15 minutes, or until chicken juices run clear.
Nutritional value per serve: Calories 155kcal, Fat 3g, Carbs 4g, Protein 25.5g
You don’t have to give up on your favorite dishes if you are on a KETO DIET. You just need to make a few good chances. Small alterations in the recipes and a few alternate ingredients would still let you enjoy your all-time favorites. I love Chicken Thai Noodles and have been very loyal to this dish as long as I can remember. I am sure you would have your specific favorite dishes too. So since the time I have been on this KETO DIET, I have given this dish a new improved KETO WAY. Despite using the regular noodles, I add ZOODLES (zucchini noodles) to the dish. It gets so much more nutritious this way. You get a wholesome amount of protein from the chicken. Zucchini is a very good source of dietary fiber, protein, vitamins A, C and B6, and a lot more. Make it this weekend and surprise everyone at home.
1/2 tsp Curry Powder
3.5 oz Chicken Thigh
1 tbsp Unsalted Butter
1 tbsp coconut oil
1 stalk Spring Onion
1 clove Garlic
1 large Egg
1.4 oz Bean Sprouts
3.5 oz Zucchini
1 tsp Soy Sauce
1/2 tsp oyster sauce
1/8 tsp White Pepper
1 tsp Lime Juice
Red chilies, chopped
Salt & pepper, to taste
1. Season the chicken with 1/2 tsp Curry Powder and a pinch of Salt and Pepper. Keep aside for a while.
2. Prepare the sauce by combining 1 tsp Soy Sauce, 1/2 tsp. Oyster Sauce, and 1/8 tsp. White Pepper.
3. Finely chop Spring Onion and Garlic and make Zoodles out of Zucchini. Use a Spiralizer to make the zoodles.
4. Fry the seasoned Chicken with 1 tbsp Unsalted Butter until brown. When done, slice to bite-sized pieces.
5. In the same pan, melt 1 tbsp Coconut Oil on high heat. Saute chopped Spring Onion until fragrant.
6. Add chopped Garlic and again saute until fragrant.
7. Crack an egg into the pan and make a scrambled egg. Saute until slightly brown.
8. Add in bean sprouts and zoodles. Mix everything well together.
9. Add in the fried chicken pieces and stir.
10. Garnish with a few chopped Red Chilies and squeeze some Lime Juice on top. Serve while hot!
Yields 1 serve
Nutritional value per serve: Calories 578Kcal, Fat 48g, Carbs 6.5g, Protein 25.5g
Stay upto date with our latest news and products.
Your email is safe with us, we don't spam
Check out the MevoFit social channels